Search This Blog

Sunday, 17 March 2019

camp writing - E-portfolio

Motivation:
Camp Experiences


Learning Objectives:
Level 3
  • Show a developing understanding of how to shape texts for different purposes and audiences.
  • Select, form, and communicate ideas on a range of topics.
  • Use language features appropriately, showing a developing understanding of their effects.
  • Organise texts, using a range of appropriate structures.


Level 4
  • Show an increasing understanding of how to shape texts for different purposes and audiences.
  • Select, develop, and communicate ideas on a range of topics.
  • Use a range of language features appropriately, showing an increasing understanding of their effects.
  • Organise texts. Using a range of appropriate structures.


Learning goals:
  • To hook the reader in with an interesting beginning
  • A variety of sentence starters
  • A variety of sentence lengths
  • Edit and rework
  • Effective peer checking and feedback


Journal entry!!!

Yawn! Today it's my second day at camp and I didn't get an amazing sleep at all because I was talking to my friends when we were meant to be asleep.We all woke up and started talking to each other.I started thinking about all the wondrous things that I would be adventuring today in this hot weather. ''We should start getting ready'' said Dayna.''Now let's get changed and brush our teeth'' said Dayna sounding like she's in a hurry to start the day.So we all got ready and headed to the hall for some yummy breakfast.It smelt like toast and that is one of my favourite foods to have.Crunch! The toast was crunchy and it burnt my tongue a little, on my toast I put Marge and then jam.It was delicious.After breakfast we started our first nerve raking rotation.Our rotation was the giant swing I started to cry because I was so nervous about doing the giant swing.''Number 8'' called out the instructor.At that moment I was thinking OMG am I really going to do this right now.I finally got my nerves away and got myself harnessed in.3...2...1 my stomach dropped and I regretted it as soon as I was at the top of the trees.When I was at the top the harness was cutting into my neck and I was yelling in my head let me go let me go and then boom.The two first drops were the most nerve raking drops and my legs were shaking so much until I grabbed on to the ladder and headed down to the ground.Touching the ground made me feel so much better.The next rotation was raft building, I had no idea what I was getting myself into but I had a feeling it was going to be good.When we got there, the materials we would be able to use were bits of wood, rubber floaties, lots of ropes and some paddles.All the girls made one together but we made the boats in pairs then put them together to make one whole boat for all of us.
The most challenging pat of raft building was carrying the raft to the water whole.Our next challenge was to paddle to the end and back of the murky water.The girls won, of course.The boys lost by a lot,
after we finished raft building we got to play in the water whole.At the water whole there was rope swings, a slide and two places to jump out of trees.I was there most of the time until we had to go to another activities.Our groups next activity was kayaking.I found it so fun and my favourite game in kayaking was piano keys because I was the only person in our group that made it to the end and back.
Then I told the instructor that I wasn't wet and then she came closer and pushed me into the water and the ground was so weird on my feet.That was my experience in kayaking! The next activity was the flying kiwi, it was one of my favourite things that I did on camp I was a little nervous but then I finally got ready to go on the flying kiwi.The first thing that we did was going straight up and then coming down slowly.Then you got to chose from doing swing were you go back and forth, A spiral were you go up in a spiral or a missile were you lie on the ground and go up when leaning backwards and it's kind of like all of them mixed together.Guess what i choose? missile! 3...2...1! FLING! I went up just like a rocket it was an amazing experience.Next activity... confidence course, the confidence course didn't take long so after we went to the water whole.What you had to do in the confidence course was go over and under walls, logs, nets and lots more.I made it to the end and it only took about 8 minutes for me to finish the confidence course.I can't wait to start my next adventures tomorrow!!!





1 comment:

  1. Aaliyah you did a great job reworking your story in order to add more detail and create a better picture in the readers mind, which supports one of your writing goals. Remember to use paragraphs when you write and enhance your writing using a range of sentence structures.

    - Miss Lamond

    ReplyDelete